Our teams had another fruitful day of ministry all over the island. These were some stories shared during our group service last night:
– Construction is continuing at the rehab center for men in Santo Domingo
– House visits in Quisqueya with Mirqueya. Local families invited to Emanuel house for presentation of the Gospel and feeding
– Mirqueya has the tough job of picking the neediest students to attend Emanuel House. This often means that from one family Mirqueya can only pick one or two children, often leaving siblings in the family who are unable to attend. Kids come to the door constantly asking to be a part of Emanuel House. In order to do something special for the siblings of Emanuel House students, our teams threw a party for them, plus they presented the gospel and shared Bible stories. The kids had a great time!
– Soccer and Lacrosse teams visited local villages to do sports training in the morning and evening, helping to plant seeds to open venues for the Gospel.
– Junior High group visited the nursing home where they were able to minister to the elderly
– Student with Tommy Lippard’s team was able to lead someone to the Lord in the first time he shared his faith.
– Prince William team led a man to the Lord and in giving him a Bible they were able to deliver Bibles to his neighbors who were eager to receive them
– Students excited about scripture memory with Loudoun team
– Women’s team did leadership training for local women leaders
– Rising ninth graders traveled to Alec’s village (Alec shared his testimony the night before with our group at the hotel) where they were to share the Gospel with his neighbors through songs and preaching
– The Medical team – Surgeons performed 5 surgeries ending close to 10:00 pm in the evening.